The Atomic Energy Employees Association was established in 1979, registered with the government of Tamil Nadu and recognized by the Department of Atomic Energy.
The objectives of the association are:
- To create an esprit-de-corps among the members
- To protect and promote the interests of the workers in the workplace.
- To promote cultural ties among members
- To promote and safeguard the interest, rights and privileges of the employees in all matters relating to employment and conditions of services and to get grievances redressed.
- To render legal assistance for the purpose of securing or protecting any rights arising out of the relations of any member with his employer, namely, department of Atomic Energy, Kalpakkam.
- To ensure for the staff of Department of Atomic Energy, Kalpakkam due participation in the local administration or management.
- To establish healthy and close relationship between the management and the members of the Association by mutual negotiations and joint meetings to settle disputes.
- To publish periodicals or bulletins, Intranet & Internet.
- To affiliate the Association to the All India Federation of Unions/Associations of the employees of Department of Atomic Energy which the Executive committee finds from time to time.
- To do that might become necessary in order to protect the legitimate rights of the members.